1-4-34 NMSA 1978MEETING TIME/LOCATION
At the discretion of the boardPURPOSE
The Board of Registration shall direct the County Clerk to cancel the registration of any voter who has been sent notice in conformance with this section and who: (1) has failed to respond to the notice sent in conformance with this section and has not voted or appeared to vote in any election during the period beginning on the date of the notice and ending on the day after the second general election that occurs after the date of the notice; or (2) has confirmed in writing that the voter has changed residence to a place outside the county.COMPOSITION
1-4-34. Board of registration; board of county commissioners; appointment.
A. The board of county commissioners shall, at its first regular scheduled meeting in June of each odd-numbered year, appoint five voters who shall constitute the board of registration for the county; provided that a class B county as defined in Section 4-44-1
NMSA 1978 shall appoint three voters who shall constitute the board of registration for the county.B. Members of the board of registration shall not during their service be county employees, elected officials or candidates for public office, and not more than two members of the board of registration shall be members of the same political party at the time of their appointment; provided that:
(1) a member of the board of registration shall not have changed party registration in the two years next preceding the member's appointment in such a manner that the member's prior party registration would make the member ineligible to serve on the board of registration; and
(2) a member of the board of registration shall not continue to serve on the board of registration if the member changes party registration after the date of appointment in such a manner to make the member ineligible to serve on the board of registration.
C. In the event that a position on the board of registration becomes vacant for any of the reasons described in Section 10-3-1 NMSA 1978, the board of county commissioners shall appoint a replacement who shall qualify pursuant to Subsection B of this section and serve until the expiration of the original term.
CURRENT APPOINTED MEMBERS:
- Linda F Hoyl - Republican
- Elva Rivas - Republican
- Ana M Acosta - Democrat
- John L Ayers (alternate) - Republican
- Lorrie Ann Arguijo (alternate) - Democrat