11. Only one run per person in Shootout Round. For example, if Jane Doe qualifies on a 1D horse and a 2D horse, she will designate which horse/D she will ride in the shootout round and MC Productions will move up the next qualifying horse/rider combination to fill the vacant spot.
12. Failure to enter the arena within the first three (3) gate calls will result in a NO TIME.
13. Contestants must keep a forward motion. No circling in the arena or alley.
14. Contestants will receive a NO TIME for knocking over a barrel or breaking the pattern. If a rider circles a barrel more than one time they will receive a $50 fine.
15. Absolutely NO switching of draw positions. It is the contestant’s responsibility to know their horses’ draw position. Contestants switching draw positions on their horses will receive a NO TIME. If a contestant runs out of turn; they will receive a NO TIME.
16. Payout will be completed at the end of Monday’s race and following Wednesday’s PRCA performance. Winner(s) must fill out a W-9 to pick up winnings.
13. Monday night race payout will be regular race payout of 80%. Wednesday shootout is $500 cash to each D winner.
14. Open 4D Barrel Race is a random computer draw.
15. Inclement weather: Lea County Emergency rules pertain: If lightening is within less than 5 miles of facility, delays will be in 30-minute increments until cleared or notified to cancel and reschedule. If Barrel Race is cancelled and rescheduled due to inclement weather or safety issues, every effort will be made to coordinate with Lea County Fair personnel to reschedule around all other events already scheduled. Draw outs allowed due to inclement weather will be refunded, entry fees only, if Barrel Race personnel are notified by deadline set at time of cancellation or rescheduling. Money will not be figured in payouts. If draw out after inclement weather designated deadline, no refund will be made, and money will be figured in payouts. Every effort will be made to ensure contestants know draw out deadline due to inclement weather at time of cancellation.
Ultimately, it is the contestant’s responsibility to read and know the rules and deadlines. Please contact MC Productions via Facebook Message or the following members for any questions.
Megan Lingafelter – 575-441-5954 Charity Benton – 575-390-2491