LEA COUNTY TEAM ROPING RULES
1. Open to Lea County Residents ONLY.
2. A refund will be given if both header and heeler are withdrawn from the draw as long as a Dr. Release or Vet Release is received before 3:30 pm the day of the roping.
3. Ropers may replace partners due to unforeseen reasons if done before 3:30 pm the day of the roping.
4. Enter once, draw three. You cannot rope both ends.
5. Roping is a #13 handicap.
6. Ropers must put their USTRC or WSTR number on the entry form. Card must be present upon entry. If you do not have a USTRC or WSTR number, please contact the Lea County Fair Office.
7. Ropers MUST CHECK-IN INDIVIDUALLY, with photo ID, on the day of the roping before 3:30pm. Partners may not check each other in. Teams not checked in will be removed from the draw. Example: If the header checks in but the heeler doesn’t then both are removed from the draw and unable to rope with NO REFUNDS allowed if only one checks in. Draw will be posted at 3:45pm.
8. Dress Code for the Sunday roping will consist of the hat/no hat rule, long sleeve button collared shirt and boots. NO BASEBALL CAPS ALLOWED!
9. The payout for the first go round fast times and the average on four head will be ready after the roping. Winner(s) must fill out a W-9 and show photo ID to pick up winnings.
10. The Top 12 will come back on Thursday, August 8, 2019 during the PRCA Rodeo Performance at 7:00pm for the Shoot-Out Round. The positions in Shoot-Out Round will be random draw. Fastest Time wins. Winner takes all! Shoot-Out Round will pay 1st place - $2,000 ($1,000 to header; $1,000 to heeler).
11. Dress Code for the Thursday night Shoot-Out Round will consist of cowboy hat, long sleeve button collared shirt and boots. NO EXCEPTIONS!
12. Deadline to enter is Friday July 26, 2019. Entry form must be received complete including waiver and proof of residency before entry is accepted. Fair Board reserves the right to request proof of residency at time of entry. Postmark dates do not apply. No late entries will be accepted.