1. The 2018 Flower Show will be under the direction of: Lea County Extension Master Gardeners Horticulture
Superintendent: Freida Owens. For inquiries please call 575-396-8822.
2. All residents of Lea County are eligible to participate.
3. It is strongly recommended that Exhibitors wishing to exhibit more than 10 items pre-register with the Lea County Extension Office at the Lea County Courthouse. Pre-registration will be taken until Friday, July 27, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Entry forms can be picked up early at the Extension Office.
4. The Lea County Fair Board will collect an entry fee of one dollar per entry for the first three (3) entries of each exhibitor in this department not to exceed a maximum of three (3) dollars, please keep receipts from Sunday and Monday to receive credit.
5. When entering please indicate the cultivar or botanical name on the horticulture entry form. This must be listed to be eligible to qualify for any award. The cultivar or botanical names should be written on the entry card by the Exhibitor.
Entering into the Fair:
1. All entries will be received Friday, August 10, 2018 from 7:30am to 11:00am. Any entries between 11:00am and 11:30am must be classified and identified for entry in the Flower Show. No entries will be received after 11:30am.
2. Judging will be at 1:30pm on Friday, August 10, 2018. Decisions of the Judges will be final.
3. The Flower Show will be open to the public for viewing after the judging, Friday afternoon and all day Saturday.
4. Youth: 18 years or under – Must designate YOUTH on Entry Form.
5. Professionals: Professional horticulturist, florists, nursery’s may enter but must designate PROFESSIONAL on Entry Form.
6. Please bring plant material prepared and ready for staging, as there will be limited resources available.
7. A copy of Lea County Master Gardeners Flower Show Judging Training brochure will be made available to the public. Examples of judging evaluations include:
a) Good uniform color in flowers; bright green color (or color typical of the cultivar) for leaves and stem without evidence of yellowing or disease; flowering plants with open flowers.
8. Please remove properties Sunday, August 12, 2018 from 8:00am to 11:00am. Properties not removed by 11:00am will be disposed of. Although great care will be taken, the Lea County Fair or any individual or group acting on behalf of the Lea County Fair will not be responsible for any property belonging to the Exhibitor.
9. Premiums: 1st - $2.00; 2nd - $1.00 Premiums will be paid out to items judged, based on the rules and amounts listed for each division. There is a premium cap set at $25.00.
10. Premiums will be given on Sunday, August 12, 2018 in the Yucca Building from 9am to 12pm. Any premiums not collected during this time will be forfeited.