Animal Control / Environmental Enforcement



Animal Control Calls

  • Animal Running at Large
  • Vicious Animal
  • Animal Bite
  • Dead Animal
  • The Welfare of an Animal
  • Sick or Injured Animal
  • Surrender of an Animal
  • Animal Abuse
  • Animal Nuisance
  • Dogs attacking Livestock

Environmental Enforcement Calls

  • Liquid Waste
  • Solid Waste
  • Accumulation
  • Vehicle Accumulation
  • Weeds, Debris
  • Illegal Dumping
  • Scattering of Solid Waste
  • Dilapidated Building
  • Right-of-way
  • ETZ

On Call Hours

Sheriff Department

Sunday through Saturday
4:30 pm to7:30 am

Phone: 575-396-3611

Kennel Permit Process

  • Complete the Kennel Permit Application
  • Include all vaccination records with the application
  • Submit the application to the Environmental Department located at 1019 E Bender, Hobbs.
  • Once the paperwork has been reviewed a site inspection of the location will be set up by the Environmental Officer assigned.
  • If the inspection is approved, a meeting will be set up at the office for the issuance of the permit and to collect the $10 fee.

Kennel Permit

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3