The County Clerk's Office is available to issue marriage licenses from 8 am until 5 pm Monday through Friday.
No blood testing is required and there is no waiting period.
The license Fee is $25, which must be cash - no checks or credit cards.
Age & ID Requirements
Required ID - Valid Driver's License or Student ID with Birth Date.
- 18 years or older with an ID
- 16 or older but under 18 years of age with ID and the written consent of each of the minor's living parents as shown on the minor's certificate of birth, or the district court has authorized the marriage of such person upon request of a parent or legal guardian of the person for good cause shown, and a certified copy of the judicial authorization is filed with the county clerk, pursuant to Section 40-1-6 NMSA 1978.
- The parent or legal guardian must also have the required ID.
- Legal guardians must present Certified Guardianship Appointment Documents from the Courts.
- Under 16 years of age with an Order from the District Court.
The Marriage License does not expire and will be valid when the Marriage Ceremony is performed.
Marriage Ceremony must take place in the state of New Mexico.
The couple is responsible for contacting a minister, pastor, priest, or judge to perform the marriage ceremony.
License must be returned to the County Clerk within 90 days of the marriage ceremony.
The following persons are available for marriage ceremonies, it is your responsibility to contact them to schedule the ceremony before you get the license and certificate:
- Sylvia Rodriguez Alt Judge, - Eunice - 575-441-8534
Diana Gonzalez, Lovington, Bilingual - 575-333-0542
Elizabeth Holguin, Hobbs - 575-602-4711
Estella Gonzalez, Hobbs - 575-441-2242
Jerry Lambert, Lovington – 575-399-2029
Jaime Gonzales,Hobbs - 575-942-3206
Tony Ray Arsbon, Hobbs – 575-691-6157
Douglas Levy, Hobbs - 575-631-3839
Caroline Esquivel, Hobbs - 575-552-2336
Noel Josue Aguirre, Hobbs - 575-691-6980
Alex Machuca, Hobbs - 575-390-6543
Isaac Rodriguez Escandon - 575-552-6453
Yvette Diaz - 575-964-5263
Carlos Navarrette, Hobbs, Bilingual - 575-602-1614
Some Ministers and Judges may charge a fee.